Eelektrik NVI Variants // BLW-on 2016

So we’ve all heard that the mysterious Raikou eels has topped regs. So here’s the list according to someone who would have it, pending verification:
4-4-1 Eelektrik (Eelektross PLB)
4 Raikou BKT
1 Keldeo EX
1 Shaymin EX
1 Mewtwo EX
3 Assault vest
4 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
3 Float Stone
1 Super Rod
1 Battle Compressor
1 Computer Search
4 Rough Seas
3 N
4 Juniper/Sycamore
1 AZ
1 Lysandre
1 Xerosic
4 VS Seeker
11 Lightning

3 Likes

There were several variants of eels running around at VA - that was the list that did the best, but in top 32 there was quite a bit of variance between lists

Interesting enough to say that the surprise factor always impresses me.

What happens against T1 Archeop? I assumed they would play Evosoda, Hex Maniac, or Wally even to counter that.

Eel PLB was put in this deck, but I prefer eel PRC. You can stack up an active Pokemon with energy. Although I guess it doesnt matter if you have keldeo…

1 Like

That particular list lost to t1 archeops. There were other eels lists at VA that ran things like evosoda and Hex Maniac though

1 Like

Yveltal Maxie’s was the most popular deck in Masters Top 32.

A reason to use Eelektross PRC and Keldeo-EX is to get energy off of something heavily damaged/to move energy between Raikous.

This is patently untrue.

Anyone want to tell me why you feel the need to play Eelektross at all? Just because they played the PLB doesn’t mean you /have/ to play PRC.

PRC is a nice idea, but personally, would go with neither.

2 Likes

I don’t feel the need to play eelektross. I was stating that if I was to run it, I would rather run the PRC one over the PLB.

I’d been trying both for a while, but PLB wasn’t as useful as PRC. It’s also a decent option if you don’t have Keldeo/Float Stone out and are under item lock.

Eelektrik only recycles basic energy.

Also, this is pretty much an autoloss to the mirror.

2 Likes

We’ve already established that this guy is trolling.

1 Like

4 Raikou BKT
4 Tynamo NVI 38
4 Eelektrik NVI
1 Eelektross PRC
2 Shaymin-EX
1 Mewtwo-EX
1 Keldeo-EX
11 Lightning Energy
3 Juniper
2 N
1 Colress
1 AZ
1 Lysandre
1 Xerosic
1 Hex Maniac [Solely for Archeops]
4 VS Seeker
4 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
3 Assault Vest
2 Float Stone
1 Battle Compressor
1 Computer Search
3 Rough Seas

Thoughts? I want to play this deck for regionals.

1 Like

I think you need more Colress. Drop the Eelektross for a second Colress, and maybe drop the 4th Raikou for a Pikachu EX, just for that OHKO power. Also, your list in the video runs a Raikou EX, but it’s not included in the list.

I’m confused (still pretty new to this game.) What’s Keldeo-EX’s role? I don’t see how secret sword is useful in this deck. Wouldn’t a second Mewtwo-EX or a Pikachu-EX be better?

Does Clemont have any value in this deck, or is the card as bad as it looks?

Keldeo EX is for it ability to allow you to power up a Raikou that is in active by rushing in, using Eelektriks ability than retreating with a float stone on keldeo. Or 2 energies but most of the time its gonna be a float stone

1 Like

Thank you. I was also wondering about the float stones, but now it all makes sense.

Are there any good alternitives to Keldeo for the same role? Not necessarily better, just other good options.

Zoroark BKT, a Stage-1 instead of a Basic Pokemon which makes it clearly inferior to Keldeo-EX, has an Ability with the same effect.

I was thinking less literal alternitives. The goal is to get the energy to the active. Eelektrik puts it on the bench. Keldeo performs the role by allowing us to freely move the pokemon between bench and active. Eelektross PRC, for example, can perform the role be directly moving energy from the bench to the active (at the cost of an Eelektrik activation.)

I don’t have the card knowledge of more experienced players, which is why I am asking so many silly questions. I almost exclusivally play magic, and only recently got into modified with Night March. I am planning to build Expanded Eelektrik for a friend, and just want to make sure I properly consider every option for the deck so I can ensure he likes it.

I appreciate everyone’s patience.