Eelektrik NVI Variants // BLW-on 2016

The success of Tyrantrum-EX / Giratina-EX AOR / Bronzong PHF the past weekend has made me wonder whether Giratina-EX can also help Rayquaza-EX DRX counter Night March and Vespiquen AOR 10 variants. The list above is where I have reached so far.

I find this variant better than Dragon / Bronzong for Dragon Burst being more flexible than Dragon Impact, [L] hitting more things for Weakness than [M], and everything having lower Retreat Cost. Critiques are appreciated.

Since Giratina isn’t the focus of the deck, I would probably run only 2 DDE, maybe three. In all matches where Giratina isn’t needed, those energies will be heavy Enhnaced Hammer/Xerosic targets. My changes would be

-2 Double Dragon
+2 fire
-2 Trainer Mail
+1 Juniper
+1 Battle Compressor

Probably not the best changes, but it’s what I would do at first glance :smile:

2 Likes

This seems pretty inconsistent, with only 3 draw supporters. I’m also not too sure what the DDE are doing, as Rayquaza’s attack can only discard basic energy.

I would replace Manectric with Raikou

Trying @Skyla’s list with one change - Manectric for Raikou. I’ll tell you guys how it goes.

3 Likes

DDE allows Giratina-EX to attack, which reverses the originally most difficult matchups (i.e. Night March and Vespiquen) for RayEels. For Rayquaza-EX it serves as a Fire Energy.

2 Likes

I mean you only have 1 giratina, so it won’t be that helpful in those matchups. They can just use Blacksmith or Mew EX if they need to. You should probably focus on Rayquaza or Giratina. It seems a bit unfocused if you try to use both, with all the support they each need. You also definitely need more draw support.

1 Like

What About??

4 Tynamo (THE GOOD ONE)
4 Eelektrik NVI
2 Rayquaza EX
1 Rayquaza DRX
1 Raikou EX
1 Mewtwo EX/Lugia EX (AOR) (Whichever you feel is better)(personally, it is Mewtwo for me)
2 Shaymin EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Manectric EX

3 Professor Juniper
1 N
1 Colress
1 hex maniac
2 Lysandre
3 VS Seeker
1 Computer Search
2 Super Rod (preference)
2 Battle Compressor
3 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
3 Trainer’s mail
3 Float Stone

9 Lightning
3 Fire

2 Rods make me get maximum utility out of the 3 fire/9 lightning
Ghetsis is debatable (but it is still good, Dont get me wrong), and Manectric EX is GOLD vs Mega Ray
I chose no Jirachi and no Zekrom cause Baby Ray and more supporters.

EMPTY SPOTS: 2

+1 VS Seeker, +1 Jirachi

What’s your purpose for Manectric-EX and Rayquaza DRX?

Also, are you worried about having a Rayquaza-EX prized and then having to recycle it with a super rod? Also, I’ve found that 8 Lightning energy is a little much, why did you chose to go with 9?
Have you tested it?

1 Like

Sorry, I just wanted to play my SR Baby Ray.

4 Tynamo NVI (Thunder Wave)
4 Eelektrik NVI
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Zekrom LTR
2 Rayquaza EX
1 Raikou EX
2 Shaymin EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Jirachi EX
1 Lugia EX AOR
TOTAL=18

4 Professor Juniper
2 N
1 Colress
1 Hex Maniac
1 Ghetsis
2 Lysandre
4 VS Seeker
1 Computer Search
1 Super Rod
3 Battle Compressor
3 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
3 Trainer’s mail
3 Float Stone
TOTAL=31

4 Fire Energy
7 Lightning Energy

Skyfield is really good in here. And by really good I mean you can’t play this deck without it.

1 Like

Eh, Beach can be really good as well, but I do like Sky Field in here.

I believe that Sky Field is by far the best choice. Beach will serve its purpose for a turn or two, but then its dead weight for the rest of the game (most of the time). Sky Field, on the other hand, will give extra spots for Shaymin, and other tech cards such as Zekrom and Raikou. Even when your Sky Field is bumped, you can eliminate targets such as Shaymins, and other damaged Pokemon.

I run 1 Beach and a couple Skyarrow or Skyfield.

I love giratina variants [one of my other giratina variants in expanded that I love messing around with even though its bad is archies-giratina] - was trying this list with some few tweaks after seeing this. I was having a bunch of fun with this thanks skyla for posting this, unfortunately there is a ton of hex at the moment.

Which tynamo do you guys like by the way? The one with resistance, the one with a chance for paralysis, or the one with free retreat? Free retreat seems the best one

I just play one of each Tynamo NVI, one Tynamo PLB, and one Tynamo PRC. I like the art on them, though the free retreat is nice.

yeah, in a format like this where it is "attack every turn for an OHKO or be OHKO’d i think if u attack with a tynamo u already may have lost, lol, but Free retreat is the best probs.

You would be surprised just how many games have been won with attacks like Thunder Wave. It can buy you a turn when you’re in a tight spot and sometimes that’s all you need.

5 Likes

Building off of baby_mario, Tynamo+Fliptini or Raikou-EX+Fliptini could be really big for allowing you to set up, if you decide to go for a more traditional, Beach then attack style strategy, as decks are busy trying to cram in counters for Toad, Yveltal, and Blastoise, so they tend to reduce their amounts of consistency cards that have little tangible benefit (I couldn’t find a better phrase).

1 Like