So, with it becoming more and more popular for players to rebuild decks from older archetypes, I figured it would be a cool idea to create a tournament for an older format. The games would be played on PlayTCG, and I’ll show you how to access older cards on bebessearch.com later in the post. As for the tournament, I was thinking that we would play with the format DP-UL (Diamond & Pearl to Unleashed), which was played in 2009-2010. I am choosing this format for several reasons: first of all, you can only put cards from DP-on into decks, and this format is one of the most popular formats, due to the variance of archetypes and the skill that was necessary to play.
I think I’ll start by opening this up to 8 players, and if it is really popular possibly open up to 16. I will not be needing decklists for this, but I would appreciate it if you just PM’d me your deck choice (ex. "LuxChomp, or "Gyrados). I will not be playing in this tournament, and you will not be able to change decks throughout the tournament. As for instructions on how to access older cards on BebesSearch:
- Create a new deck on BebesSearch.
- Insert a random BLW-on card into the deck
- Click on the pencil icon next to the card.
- Click on the name of the card you just entered.
- A drop down list should appear. Search for the older card you want in your deck and adjust the quantity.
- Click the green check mark, and you’re done.
Remember that if you want to insert an Energy or Trainer, the BLW-on card you enter has to correspond.
- Dialga625 (deck choice received)
- Ivysaurman (deck choice received)
- PwnzorProd (deck choice received)
- blargh257 (deck choice received)
- Tsunami (deck choice received)
- Gelato (deck choice received)
- Pokemon46 (deck choice received)
- Snoops (deck choice received)