Cities: Expanded/Standard Compendium

I can just confirm the format at this point. Cardleagues.com will have the information when it goes up, probably some time this week.

2 Likes

Dates and locations are all in the “NH & MA Pokemon Events and Information” FB Group run by Patty Lefavour.

1 Like

Where can I find information for the Indiana city championship? I couldn’t find it in any of the posts?

Again, just what I can tell you. Expect details announced this week or maybe the next on Cardleagues.com. The Indianapolis Marathon is all Standard as well. I don’t believe there are more than 0-2 Indiana Cities outside of Derek and the Indy Marathon.

Doreen Kamada-Fujii will be running her Cities Standard in the Southern California area.
Leo Orta III will be running his Cities Expanded in the Southern California area.
Still no word on Kim Cary/Chris Boucher.
EDIT:
Kim announced 3/4 of his Cities so far, and they are all Expanded. Southern California area as usual.

3 Likes

Rick Mitchell is the PTO for Middle Tennessee and runs the mini marathon in the Nashville area. The last conversation has us heavily leaning towards Standard for our three tournaments. He is also stepping in to run a mini marathon in Southern Kentucky (since their PTO recently announced he could not continue as PTO). No word on format as yet.

The Indianapolis mini marathon and some Ontario cities (Milton and Brampton) are now up on the Pokemon Event Locator:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/find-an-event/?sort_order=when&product_type=tcg&event_type=premier&event_name=&location_name=&address=&city=Lansing&postal_code=48906&country=176&state_object=0&state_other=&distance_within=250&start_date=0&end_date=30&results_pp=25

For Ontario:
November, December, and January Cities run by Marvin Paguigan (most of them) are in standard.
February Cities run by Marvin Paguigan (Most of them) are in expanded

Source: post on pokemon event finder
"Participants play with their own decks in the Standard format (December 2015 and January 2016) and expanded format (February 2016). That means that the use of cards is limited to certain series. Prior to the tournament, during the player meeting, one has to hand over a decklist and during the tournaments there will be deck checks."

November is assumed to all be standard as there are only one or two and this one was in standard.

Surrey, British Columbia city championship is on december 6th. Shauna Piwek has confirmed this one will be in the expanded format.

BC’s cities are all expanded.

The Indianapolis marathon will be Standard (Castleton, Indianapolis, and Greenwood) on Nov. 27, 28, and 29

In washington, we have
Bremerton (Lisa Wade-White) (expanded)
Lakewood (Terry Kamm) (expanded)
Mt. Vernon (Terry Kamm) (expanded)
(there are more tournaments coming, this was all that was posted on the event locator)

For Idaho (from the Idaho facebook group)
Meridian (Jessica Roest (not sure if she’s the TO for these events, but she’s hosting the event on facebook)) (Standard)
Kuna (Jessica Roest) (Standard)
Ontario (Oregon) (Jessica Roest) (Standard)
Nampa (Jessica Roest) (Expanded)
Eagle (Jessica Roest) (Expanded)
Boise (Jessica Roest) (Expanded)
Caldwell (Jessica Roest) (Expanded)
Boise State (Mario Townes (Hosting on facebook, not sure if TO) (Standard)

https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/15-12-000075/

https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/15-11-000640/

These are links to two SoCal cities pages. The first link is to one in San Gabriel, CA. It is expanded and the TO is Kim Cary.

The second is also expanded and run by Kim Cary and is Chatsworth, CA.

SoCal so far:

11/27/15
Chatsworth - Expanded (Kim Cary)
All Ways Gaming
21032 Devonshire St #109-110
Chatsworth, CA 91311

San Diego - Standard (Doreen Kamada-Fujii)
San Diego Games & Comics
9910 Mira Mesa Blvd
San Diego, CA 92131

11/29/15
Temecula - Standard (Doreen Kamada-Fujii)
Tier 1 Games
28751 Rancho California Rd #103
Temecula, CA 92590

12/5/15
San Gabriel - Expanded (Kim Cary)
MTG Deals
136 S San Gabriel Blvd
San Gabriel, CA 91776

12/12/15
Orange - Expanded (Chrisbo)
Best Western - Meridian Inn
720 The City Drive South
Orange, CA 92868

12/13/15
Oceanside - Standard (Doreen Kamada-Fujii)
Level Up Gaming
3762 Mission Ave #103
Oceanside, CA 92058

12/19/15
Huntington Beach - Expanded (Chrisbo)
Best Western - Regency Inn
19360 Beach Blvd
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Bakersfield - Expanded (Karl Batdorff)
Paladins Game Castle
6225 District Blvd, Ste 301
Bakersfield, CA 93313

Los Angeles - Expanded (Miguel Campos)
Next-Gen Games
5360 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036

12/20/15
Lancaster - Expanded (Karl Batdorff)
Bases Cards & Comics
42035 12th St. West
Lancaster, CA 93534

Moreno Valley - Expanded (Miguel Campos)
Zero Gravity Trading Card Games & Collectibles
22500 Town Cir #2078
Moreno Valley, CA 92553

12/26/15
Montclair - Expanded (Kim Cary)
Gameology
9742 Central Ave
Montclair, CA 91763

1/2/16
Westminster - TBD (Chrisbo)

1/9/16
Pomona - Expanded (Kim Cary)
Cal Poly Pomona - Bronco Student Center
3801 W Temple Ave
Pomona, CA 91768

1/16/15
Irvine/Costa Mesa - TBD (Chrisbo)

All straight from the TOs on the Play! Pokemon Socal page on Facebook.

1 Like

I’m quickly gauging that this is going to be an impossible thing to accurately keep track of. For that reason, I’m going to encourage folks to continue reporting, and those looking for information to use the Search feature to search this thread for the information they’re looking for. This’ll be instead of compiling it in the OP, which simply isn’t going to be feasible in an accurate enough manner to justify it.

4 Likes

Kent, WA cities dec 6. Standard format

1 Like

I’m in Houston (Texas) area and our cities are planned to be standard

@PP101, do you have exact locations and addresses for these events?
Also, those dates and locations are not final.

I updated with the addresses I am aware of. All of Doreen’s and Kim’s events are final, as well as Moreno Valley. Besides that, yes, technically they have not been scheduled yet, but this is all info straight from the TO’s on Play! Pokemon SoCal.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that Chrisbos cities are standard.