Charizard-EX // NXD-on

Here is my list to Charizard Ex so any advice? Thanks!

POKEMON:

• 2 Tepig
  • 2 Emboar (energy acceleration)
  • 2 Litleo
  • 2 Pyroar (counter to Keldeo, Bk, Darkrai, Yveltal, Genesect, Virizion, etc.)
  • 2 Fennekin
  • 2 Delphox (draw)
  • 3 Charizard EX (main attacker) (combustion blast 12/106)

TRAINERS:

• 3 Prof. Juniper (draw)

• 3 Shauna (draw)

• 2 Skyla (items)

• 2 Lysandre (last hit)

• 3 Muscle Band

• 4 Rare Candy

• 2 Switch

• 4 Ultra Ball

• 1 Prof. Letter

• 1 Dowsing Machine

• 1 Tool Scrapper/Phone

• 3 Superior Energy Retr.

• 3 Hypnotoxic Laser

• 1 Max Potion

ENERGY:

• 12 Fire Energy

Fire/(kinda) Dark deck Help

I recommend reading Erik Nance’s article on Flashfire, especially the parts debating the usability of Charizard EX, and the Fiery Torch / Blacksmith combo.

If you have your heart set on a Charizard EX deck, I would drop the Stage 2 lines. If you’re going to play Emboar and Delphox, why not just play Rayquaza EX instead of Charizard EX?

8 draw / search Supporters is a low count for a deck, 13-16 Supporters is a general rule of thumb. For a Charizard deck in particular I’d include 4 Blacksmith as well.

Max Potion doesn’t seem to fit in this deck. Charizard has attacks with high energy costs, meaning even if it does avoid getting knocked out in one hit, it will rarely be worth removing energy to heal it. Also I’m not sure if you intend to use Pyroar as a wall or attacker. Either way it seems unlikely you would be able to get much utility out of Max Potion due to Pyroar’s 110 HP.

hi! thanks for your advice! Yes, you’re right, i really love Charizard, so ill try to play it without the stages 2, but there is a problem… I got no money to buy an account underground, so i can’t read his article. I really want it, but i can’t. Im like a crazy man, traveling in the web to find some list or some base list to work on it, but the best its on underground so it’s like an impossible thing to me. Anyway thanks for the advice again and of corse, ill give it a try to your idea. :slight_smile:

Definitely use 4 Fiery Torch alongside the Blacksmith. I didn’t make that clear in my last post.

Try using 4 Double Colorless Energy, and 8 or 9 Fire for your energy line. This will allow you to power up Combustion Blast via 1 DCE attachment and 1 Blacksmith. With a little luck you could be swinging for 150 damage as early as turn 1 or 2 (depending on if you go first or second.) Add Virbank City Gym and Hypnotoxic Laser to the mix and Charizard EX is capable of knocking out any 180 HP Pokemon in one hit!

As powerful as that is, it is quite a long winded combo. If you don’t have every piece of it your efforts will be futile, and you may get annihilated by something like an Evil Ball on your opponent’s next turn. I don’t see this deck being extremely successful or consistent, but it will be a fun deck when everything falls into place.

Also I know you don’t have Underground access, but Henry Prior included a Pyroar / Charizard list from Japan in his most recent article. If your motivations for playing this game are succeeding at the tournament scene, I would recommend subscribing to Underground. You get insights from some of the best players in the game, and the monthly fee is a small price to pay compared to the amount you will spend on cards and travel.

Here is a list devoted to getting that T1 attack off:

Pokemon: 12

4x Charizard EX
2x Delphox
2x Fennekin
2x Litleo
2x Pyroar

Supporters: 13

4x Professor Sycamore
4x Blacksmith
4x N
1x Lysandre

Items: 20

3x Rare Candy
4x Ultra Ball
3x Professor’s Letter
2x Switch
4x Hypnotoxic Laser
4x Muscle Band

Stadiums: 2

2x Virbank City Gym

Energy: 13

4x Double Colorless Energy
9x Fire Energy

My idea of a Charizard EX deck is using Charizard EX with the Stoke attack to energize. A best way to better your chances play Fliptini since Stoke requires a coin flip. Also, use Mega Charizard EX with the Crimson Dive attack since you energized with Stoke. In my opinion, this is a fast way to do 300 damage and not do 50 to yourself if you attached the Protection Cube tool card. The only con is that with Yveltal EX and its Evil Ball attack can easily defeat your massive Dragon. This deck idea also works because if your opponent plays Garbodor with the Garbotoxin ability, your deck won’t go at a disadvantage because you would never have Emboar to energize Carizard. You could also play Victini EX to turbo Energize Charizard as well, but that is your choice.

Pokemon:

4 Charizard ex (combustion)
3 Litleo
3 Pyroar

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

4 Prof. Juniper
4 N
4 Blacksmith
1 Lysandre

4 Ultra ball
4 Muscle Band
2 Prof. Letter
2 Switch
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Virbank City
4 Fiery Torch
1 Computer Search

Energy:

4 Double Colorless Energy
10 Fire Energy

Strategy: really simple, Charizard main attacker as fast as you can, Pyroar nice attacker and nice defender. Simple, but maybe i should make some change here, so any advice from you could be really helpful. Thanks!

Pokemon - 8
3 Charizard FLF 12 (Combustion Blast)
2 Entei EX
2 Reshiram BLW
1 Keldeo EX

Energy - 12
4 Double Colorless Energy
8 Fire Energy

Trainers - 40
4 Flame Torch
4 Ultra Ball
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Bicycle
3 Roller Skates
1 Computer Search
1 Surprise Megaphone (I think that’s the name; it’s the card that discard all of your opponent’s tools in play)
1 Professor’s Letter
1 Super Rod

3 Virbank City Gym

4 Professor Juniper
3 N
1 Colress
2 Shauna
1 Skyla
4 Blacksmith

The basic idea is to get Charizard EX active ASAP, attach a DCE from hand, play Hypnobank, use Blacksmith to attach two fire energies to Charizard, then attack for 180. I might consider switching Hypnobank out for muscle band, just because it’s more reliable, and I know I should probably fit some Float Stones or switches in, but there’s a lot to put in the decklist, so choosing may be a slight problem. Any help is welcome. Tell me what you think.

Why does ‘Speed’ Charizard have Entei and (especially) Reshiram in it?

Supporter line looks weird and not very fast. Max out Bikes and Skates before you play stuff like Shauna

I would definitely put in a couple of float stones. Keldeo won’t be much help without them.

I like Entei EX in speed Charizard actually. I only play 1-of, but it helps the deck hit some numbers that it wants to hit. For example, Charizard EX can do 80 with Muscle Band,90 if you get the laser but you generally want to save those for 180 HP Ex’s.

I was having some trouble properly dealing with stuff like Raichu and Absol with Charizard, as Combustion Blast and not being able to attack the next turn without getting the proper swith maitenance going wasn’t the most fruitful way to go about attacking these. However, Entei + Muscle Band would get me these knockouts while also providing me with some soft energy aceleration.

I don’t see a purpose for Reshiram. I guess it’s okay for knocking out stuff like Kyurem PLF (but I would say Combustion Blast would be worth the investment to wipe three energy off the field). It can knockout safeguards, but I’d rather just play Raichu as that can do that plus get Pyroar for you.

As far as speed, I can’t imagine this list being fast. My speed Charizard doesn’t play any Supporters except Blacksmith and uses Electrode/Items to setup. Can’t see this one being fast at all.

i just threw this deck together and test played it a few times. it has good drawing speed and can get stuff going pretty quick. what yall think? comments, ideas, etc. anything :smile:

(13) pokemon
2 charizard EX (stoke)
1 mega charizard Y
1 victini (victory star)
2 litleo
2 pyroar (block basic)
2 virizion EX
2 genesects (automatic catcher)
1 jirachi (supporter ability)

(12) supporters
2 blacksmiths
2 Shauna (draw)
4 juniper (draw)
1 colress (draw)
1 shadow triad
2 N (draw)

(16) items
2 colress machine
1 roller skates (draw)
2 fiery torch (draw)
1 super rod
1 ACE SPEC G booster
1 megaphone
2 protection cube
2 professors letter
4 ultra ball

(2) stadium
2 skyarrow bridge

(17) energy
9 fire
5 leaf
3 plasma

thanks for looking (:

In my experience of playing pyroar myself and against others, I think you have to carry a switch or two…

What do you think I should replace?

I am no expert and I think you are trying to do too much in this deck. Partial Grass/Fire/Plasma, I think ultimately will make the deck inconsistent and slower than others…

I would suggest removing the genesect/plasma or removing the charizards and building more synergy around what is left in the same energy family keeping pyroar in as your tech line…

I know that when running pyroar, you need a way to consistently be able to put him where you need him for the right match up and playing the bridge stadium allows your opponent to also dictate the match ups too easily IMO.

Okay, I know what you were talking about so I changed the format of my deck alil bit. The stadium is the only one I’d prefer out of most of them unless I play with dark energy with my deck and use shadow realm for no weakness.

(16) pokemon
4 charizard Ex (stoke)
2 Mega charizard Y
2 Victini (flip coin version)
2-2 litleo/pyroar
1 Jirachi Ex (supporter ability)
2 suicune (block/attack <–only if nessassary)
1 genesect Ex (catcher only)

(11) Supporters
3 blacksmith
4 junipers
2 N
2 Shauna

(14) Items
2 protection cube
3 Fiery torch
1 switch
3 Roller skates
2 professors letter
3 Ultra ball

(2) Stadium
2 skyarrow bridge

(17) Energy
2 Rainbow
3 plasma
4 double colorless
8 fire

(4) Sideboard
2 Starling megaphone
1 fire energy
1 professor’s

What do you think?

What exactly am I looking for in that site exactly?

IMO, you are still trying to specialize too much and spreading your deck too thin which will cause it to run slow and inconsistent. My first month or so (which was about 4-6 months ago), I did same exact thing!

I posted the link because I think there are excellent examples/insight on that site with various decks and the contributors are A++ (taking nothing away from the great people here on sixprizes). I am not an underground member on this site, so I don’t get all the expert in/out this site can offer…

Radiance Deck

Here is my own version of the Charizard speed build. I’m using Victini as my main accelerator and planning on adding some HTLs in replacement of the M-Chari and P.Cube.

Pokemon: 13
2 Victini-EX
3 Charizard-EX (Combustion)
1 M Charizard-EX
2 Litleo
2 Pyroar
1 Druddigon
1 Keldeo-EX
1 Kangaskhan-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
3 Professor Sycamore
3 Blacksmith
2 Lysandre
1 Shauna
2 Skyla
2 N
1 Colress
2 Professor’s Letter
4 Fiery Torch
2 Roller Skates
3 Ultra Ball
1 Switch
1 Escape Rope
1 Tool Scrapper
3 Muscle Band
1 Float Stone
1 Protection Cube
1 Victory Piece
Energy: 13
10 Fire Energy
3 DCE

Strategy:

• Victini-EX and Kangaskhan serve as starters for fast deck setup.
  • Victini-EX and Kangaskhan can harass some respective counters and hard hitting EXs.
  • Option#1: Setup fast Charizards to tear through opponent. M-Evolve when necessary.
  • Option#2: Fast Pyroar to ruin the enemy play and setup Charizards in the background.
  • Option#3: Power up Victini’s to hit hard for 2HKOs. A bit risky but only do this when sure. Still setup Charizards in the background.
  • Enable some good switching options for rotation against some matchups.
  • Scoop-up Cyclone or Victory Piece. The first is for recovery and the last if for early offense.