Camerupt-EX Variants // BCR-on

Hey guys! Any ideas on this new card, I was thinking Emboar/Camerupt, which I believe is competitive.

1 Like

Once Double Crisis is released try Camerupt Ex and Magma Camerupt with Blacksmith. It is a rather consistent deck.

Maybe, but I think emboar might be better because it doesn’t rely on a supporter each turn. If you wiff the black smith, you really can do much that turn, or if you don’t have the Magma camrupt out, you can’t attack.
Also, if your current Camprut Ex goes down, it will take you at least 2 turns to get another up and running without energy switch.

3 Likes

Camerupt EX/Camerupt Magma will be good. Magma Ball makes it easy to get them, plus you get Energy to attack. Rolls straight through Metal and breaks other things too. Only problem is Siesmitoad.

I like the idea, but I just don’t like the risk of losing an attacker and not having one the next turn. Emboar recovers better but suffers more to Seimitoad.
Charlie, do you have a deck list I could look at for Camrupt Ex/Magma Camrupt?

1 Like

Magma Camerupt is bad IMO

Team Magma’s Camerupt - Fire - HP110
Stage 1 - Evolves from Team Magma’s Numel

Ability: Burndraft
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 1 [R] or [F] Energy card from your discard pile and attach it to this Pokemon.

[R][C][C] Fireball: 60 damage. Move 1 Basic Energy attached to this Pokemon to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

That’s the part that sucks. If you could attach to other pokemon then this card would be alright.

Camerupt doesn’t need the energy on it to discard it.

2 Likes

It needs 4 to attack, gettin that requirement is the hard part.

Thats a big problem!!!

1 Like

I’ve been playing this deck the last few days trying to make it work.

Pokemon: 12
3 Camerupt EX
3-1-3 Emboar Line
2 Reshiram

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 17/16/3 = 36
1 Professors Letter
2 VS Seeker
1 Computer Search
3 Rare Candy
4 Superior Energy Retrieval
3 Ultra Ball
3 Float Stone

4 Fan Club
4 Juniper
4 N
2 Colress
1 Lysandre
1 Teammates

3 Scorched Earth

Energy: 12
12 Fire Energy

Obviously you cant really do much against a Seismitoad with a half decent start and you just need to put up a wall and rush out a Emboar as quickly as possible because you cant do anything without one. few things im considering are an extra energy, dowsing > comp search for the extra energy retrieval, and an exeggcute because theres a lot of discarding needed.

Leafeon PLF could be a powerful partner. These decks look pretty tight, but maybe a 1-1 line?

1 Like

What about a 1-2 pyroar line? Seems decent vs seismatoad

I really like Delphox in this deck as a draw engine. It is way better than scorched earth IMO.

I like these counter ideas!

I might actually play the flare command pyroar instead

Here’s my idea for it:

Pokemon: 12
3 Camerupt EX
3-3 Magma Camerupt
1 Reshiram
1-1 Leafeon PLF
1 Keldeo EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
1 Professor’s Letter
3 VS Seeker
1 Computer Search
1 Battle Compressor
2 Energy Retrieval
3 Ultra Ball
1 Magma’s Great Ball
2 Energy Switch
2 Float Stone
2 Muscle Band

4 Juniper
3 N
2 Colress
2 Lysandre
1 Skyla
2 Blacksmith
1 Teammates

3 Scorched Earth

Energy: 12
10 Fire Energy
2 DCE

You power up Camerupt with things like Blacksmith initially, or you can use Energy Switch off of Magma Camerupt. After Camerupt EX is powered up, you can spam Magma Camerupt’s Burndraft to get big KO’s with Explosive Jet. You can always discard 1-2 energy from Camerupt EX to get a big KO, then put it back on with a VS Seeker for Blacksmith.

1 Like

If you are going to go down that route, run at least 3 energy switch and 3 DCE. Other wise, you will not be consistently be able to fire off camerupt

I was mainly aiming to use Blacksmith for initial power-up and DCE for acceleration of the power-up, and use it for reserve situations after I took extra damage by discarding off of Camerupt for more.

I really do see where you are coming from, and you might be right. I’m just scared that you won’t be able to take 2 knock outs in a row if a Camerupt goes down. I mean, Yveltal can do heavy damage when you have 4 energy on your active.

1 Like