Bunnyrich123's 2016-17 season seniors

My first report for a season. I am in seniors and have been testing with multiple decks but my favorite is m gardevoir dragons. So 1st league cup today was Swiss. Epstein gx was popular as well as tauros there wasn’t many turbo darkrai but there is plenty of other good decks.

Vs umbreon ex solgaleo gx (w,w)
First match set up fast and one shot cosmog on my second turn playing steam siege gardevoir. Next match is closer but I swing it in my favor ny knocking out 2 solgaleo.

Vs espeon gx and ex. (W,w). Bmp was Mr mime bench barrier without it I would have lost.

Vs solgaleo lurantis.(w,w). Short story I set up fast Geomancy and take out cosmog and win, second match I have bad start but find ultra ball to get hoops and take the game.

Fun event ended up in first.

What is Epstein GX? Do you mean Espeon EX?

Yes umbreonn gx dumb auto correct

Some f the other decks at the tourney were p kyogre a incineroar gx, 3 decidueye vileplume. As well as some lurantis builds a water toolbox and quite a few others like turbo dark, vulcanion and a m mewtwo. There was one other gardevoir played but it was despair Ray. My next big event should be regionals in salt lake city.

Is this your entire season or you didn’t add from earlier in the season?

no i am going to add the rest later when i have time.

The deck i have been testing is gardevoir dragons here is my list as well as some alternates i have been looking at.

2 m gardevoir(brilliant arrow)
1 m gardevoir(despair ray)
1 gardevoir ex(steam siege)
2 gardevoir ex(generations)
1 hoopa ex
2 giratina ex
3 shaymin ex
1 xerneas break
3 xerneas
4 fairy garden
3 sycamore
4 trainers mail
4 vs seeker
1 super rod
3 gardevoir spirit link
4 max elixir
1 n
1 hex maniac
1 lysandre
4 ultra ball
4 double dragon energy
10 fairy energy

That is the list although I do have alternates in mind besides raising some of the supporter counts i just don’t know what to cut.

1 lillie
in order to possibly raise a hand of 1 to 6 or even 8 as my hand does tend to run low every so often. Not really sure lillie is the best idea but is a possiblilty.

1 tauros gx
to stall because most opponents wont attack tauros unless they can one shot

1 mr mime(bench barrier)
i tested this at most recent league cup and it really helped against the many umbreon not espeon gx decks,

1 m gardevoir(brilliant arrow)
possibly raising the count to 3 for the m gardevoir.

1 mew ex
my other m mewtwo counter

Believe it or not, I’ve been told lillie works in ba-m gardevoir. (haven’t tried it tho)
You might want to cut 1 Trainers’ mail and 1 elixir for 1 sycamore and 1 N as item lock is already painful enough but can be won if you can get spirit links down before the lock. The 4th trainers’ mail isn’t worth as much as the first 3, so an additional draw power target is probably more important as you only seem to have 8 which is reasonably brick prone even without item lock. Max elixir also gets weaker after you’ve already used other elixirs and, more importantly, geomancy.
I’m not really sure if Mr. mime is “that” useful as umbreon gx isn’t really a matchup that needs worring about even if it is popular in your area.
If you want more mewtwo hate, raise the DR gardevoir count to 2.

Ya those things ive been looking at for subs the main ones i have tested is lillie and tauros although my bench space is limited. Tauros make a great stall because opponents wont attack it unless they can one shot. My max elixrs often fail at least 2 of 3 times and xerneas break often is prized. I like the idea of adding another meaga(dr) but that would be a fourth and i only run 3 gardevoir ex’s

Don’t worry about adding more Mega Gardevoir’s than Gardevoirs because you have 2 of each. If you need to use Despair Ray or Brilliant Arrow you will have both available in counts of 2.

that makes sense thanks

Your Mm2 MU should be fine with just 1 DR m gardevoir, but as pointed out, 3-2/2 lines are not to be feared.

The best option for the split is 2-2, as its more consistent and versatile, as only playing 1 against MMoo2 makes Prc gardy bad, as a MMoo2 with 4 energy knocks it out if you just attacked with prc Gardy. You kinda need 2-2.

So with the suggestions our list is now

2 m gardevoir(brilliant arrow)
1 m gardevoir(despair ray)
1 gardevoir ex(steam siege)
2 gardevoir ex(generations)
1 hoopa ex
2 giratina ex
3 shaymin ex
1 xerneas break
3 xerneas
4 fairy garden
4 sycamore
3 trainers mail
4 vs seeker
1 super rod
3 gardevoir spirit link
3 max elixir
2 n
1 hex maniac
1 lysandre
4 ultra ball
4 double dragon energy
10 fairy energy

what can i cut for the extra dr garde maybe an ultra ball as we will still have three and the hoopa since most of the deck is ex’s

Probably cut a dde as you need a play set of u-bawls to make hoopa good. You only need 4 dde if you also play a salemance.

ok i will do that. SAlamence was in my list just i cant get ahold of any

True just bought one this week for $30

ya they are kind of expensive but of course the giratinas are as well

I just bought mine for $10 CAD. It might just have to do with the meta in certain areas.

Cad? But ya cards do vary in areas. I normally can get expensive cards from kids just starting that dont do competitive. Cards like shaymin.