Bronzong PHF Variants // XY-on 2016

I would say yes to bronzong, at least the builds with the pokemon that don’t excessively need bronzong, i.e. M Rayquaza, Tyrantrum Ex, and m mewtwo ex (y). These are all good in the cities format. Tyrantrum may be the BDIF.

-1 az
-1 lysandre
-2 ace trainer
-2 megaphones
-3 switch
Shauna to birch
Steel shelter to sky field
+2-2 of Zoroark
+3 float stone
+1 ultra ball
+1vs seeker

Hi! I’m going to cities next weekend and after quite a bit of testing I came up with this list for M Rayquaza (Colourless) + Bronzong and I was wondering if there are any edits that I should make.
Here’s the list:
Pokemon: 18
3 Rayquaza EX
3 M Rayquaza EX
1 Aegislash EX
3 Shaymin EX
2 Hoopa EX
2 Bronzor
2 Bronzong
2 Heatran

T/T/S/S: 32
1 Professor’s Letter
1 Escape Rope
2 Switch
2 Trainers’ Mail
3 Battle Compressor
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
1 AZ
1 Professor Birch’s Observations
2 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Lysandre
3 Professor Sycamore
4 Sky Field
2 Rayquaza Spirit Link

Energy: 10
4 Double Colorless Energy
6 Basic Metal

Whoa whoa whoa, where are your float stones??? This deck (any metal deck) should have at least 2 Float Stone, I would drop both switch, and swap 1 heatran for a Dialga EX, which helps against giratina EX.

He has AZ and switch and if you really want a solid Giratina counter, use hex maniac and mega ray

I’m going to be 100% honest with you. This list needs a TON of work. You need float stones and a 4th Shaymin for one thing. Another thing is the unnecessary addition of 2 trainers mail. I see too often people playing 2 trainers mail just to have it in their deck. Those are better off being two real consistency cards. As of now, you’re trying to do way too much with your deck. As a result, it becomes horridly inconsistent.

I thought we just had a whole discussion about saying these things. But I do agree with your points.

I guess that’s what happens when you share your account with other people :stuck_out_tongue: editing to make more polite.

Zoroark is a good addition and float stone is a must have for that deck.

I have been thinking about making a toolbox deck with grinding and smeargle. I have come up with a basic list of the core I want to run or that I think I need. Of you think otherwise and or have suggestions please let me know.

2-2 zoroark
3-3 bronzong
2 smeargle
2 manectric ex
2 stunfisk bkt
2 regirock
1 blaziken ex

2-3 skyfield
3-4 battle compressor
3-4 float stone

Manectric targets Lugia ex, anything with tools, etc
Stunfisk is for better trading with night March, mienshao and vespiquen.
Regirock is for opposing manectric and other ex.
Blaziken is for other steel types and grass
Zoroark for the popular rush in retreat.
I designed this to hit for weakness to much of the popular decks. Any help would greatly be appreciated

You might want to add yveltal ex or lugia ex

If anything, the deck needs more focus, not more 1-of Pokemon.

By more focus, what exactly do you mean? What do you think I should add or remove?

I’ve got a finished list, but I know its not at the full potential.

2 zorua
2 zoroark
2 Smeargle
3 bronzor
3 bronzong
2 regirock
2 manectric ex
1 blaziken ex
2 stunfisk

2 battle compressor
4 ultra ball
3 float stone
4 sycamore
3 birch
3 skyfield
1 xerosic
4 vs seeker
2 level ball

5 steel energy
3 fighting
3 electric
2 fire
2 dce (not sure if I need this or should replace it with another 2 more useful cards
Maybe a 1-1 mismagius to prevent tool cards from having any effect
This decks focus is to hit for weakness and to be able to adapt to most of the current meta decks. I don’t see where a lugia or yveltal fits that purpose

i might suggest running two shaymin ex instead of the DCE.

You need at least 2 Shaymin.

@Decimatorzeus, i might suggest running 2 raikou bkt instead of the 2 stunfisks.

Bad idea. Stunfisk is good for night march and bees.

But is also easily played around. Raikou is annoying for NM to kill w/ the “140” hp and all that.

140 is not hard for night March to hit at all, and Raikou is harder to power up.