Bronzong PHF Variants // XY-on 2016

This thread is for discussing decks centering on Bronzong from Phantom Forces and its Metal Links ability in the 2015-16 standard format. I don’t have a deck list off the top of my head at the moment, but for now, feel free to talk about anything related to Bronzong or the type. What Pokémon work well with Bronzong? What matchups does the deck do well against? What matchups could be improved? Discuss away!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

First post here! :smiley:

i havent done much since the rotation(we are already playing xy-on in my meta) but this is pretty much my list considering xy7.

1x Seismitoad-EX
1x Dialga-EX
2x Aegislash-EX
4-3x Bronzong
2x Shaymin-EX
2x Heatran

4x Sycamore
2x Shauna
2x Ace Trainer
2x AZ
2x Lysandre

3x Muscle Band
3x Steel Shelter
3x VS Seeker
2x S Megaphone
3x Switch
2x Trainer’s Mail
2x Battle Compressor
3x Ultra Ball

8x Metal Energy
4x DCE

What you guys think ? im manly using frog to slow my opponent so i can setup better but i haven't done much testing, im probably going to replace shauna for birch soon.

Discuss!

if you’re using frog as your “starter”, why are you only running 1?

my firsts tests was with 2, but i can easily grab them with ultra ball and starting quacking on t2 max, so maybe one is ok, and the point is that he not essencial for the deck to run. but i need to test more with only one.

i’m thinking in add another aegislash and maybe another frog(after some testing), but i dont know what i can remove, one S Megaphone perhaps…

That’s hard to do with only three ultra ball.

Run some level ball in here. Helps to get the bronzong line out.

thats a good ideia, i’ll try that tonight.

btw, thx for replies o/

I wouldn’t run two Ace Trainer. It only really works well if you’re behind on prizes, and after using one you’ll want to get ahead as quickly as possible. You also don’t really need two AZ, as VS Seeker could help recycle Supporters.

I would personally add a second Seismitoad to the list. As Jirachi and Tototavros said or hinted about, if you want to start out with it to lock items you don’t really want so little ways to get it out.

I’d make the following changes, although it’s mostly personal preference:
–1 Bronzor
–1 Ace trainer
–1 AZ
–2 Megaphone
–1 Metal Energy
Shauna —> Birch
+1 Seismitoad-EX
+1 Hoopa-EX AOR
+1 Aegislash-EX
+1 VS Seeker
+1 Birch
+1 Ultra Ball

i’have test the following list with good results.

2x Seismitoad-EX
1x Dialga-EX
2x Aegislash-EX
3-3x Bronzong
2x Shaymin-EX
1x Heatran

4x Sycamore
4x Shauna
1x Ace Trainer
2x AZ
2x Lysandre

3x Muscle Band
3x Steel Shelter
3x VS Seeker
1x S Megaphone
3x Switch
2x Trainer’s Mail
2x Battle Compressor
4x Ultra Ball

8x Metal Energy
4x DCE

AZ is really helpful here, without float stone and keldeo and really need ways to get some pkm back to bench and i can use it to heal whatever is necessary. idk if Hoopa will help, i may have a bench problem without sky field.

as i said earlier, i’m going to change birch over shauna asap and a another aegislash-ex will be good. a fourth VS could work if i remove the megaphone or az as Cobalt hinted. any thoughts guys ?

No megaphone. You don’t need to shut off garbodors.

Try lugia ex.

Would the following Pokemon be helpful?

1. A Pokemon with free Retreat Cost: It could be either a Basic Pokemon purely serving as a Metal Link assistant (e.g. Hawlucha FFI, Dunsparce ROS, etc.) or a Stage 1 Pokemon serving as both a Metal Link assistant and a last-resort attacker (e.g. Raichu XY).

2. Ditto XY40: Similar to Kecleon PLF, it is capable of swinging the Prize trade with things like Colorless M Rayquaza-EX, Lugia-EX AOR, etc.

A much better metal links assistant would be Keldeo Ex with float stone. That way you don’t need to wait for something to be knocked out before you can use it.

Keldeo is in BCR, Float Stone is in PLF. This is XY-on.

Sorry thinking about expanded. Xy-AOR is kind of pointless so expanded is what I’m testing now.

I’ve been trying robosubs to get the extra metal links time. It’s an interesting experiment lol

i’m considering changing heatran for the new registeel AOS. to put a little more pressure over ex’s.

with no more safeguards and even more mega pkm, and considering that metal dmg output is low i must have ways to slow my opponent so i can do a 2HKO with aegislash, another point is that a i can remove the basic energy letting by opponents pkm with only special energy.

if im facing any kind of no ex's deck ill be ok too, registeel can OHKO a vquen with a muscle band to get a better prize trade.

what u guys thinks? should a stick with heatran ?

that will be the list.

2x Seismitoad-EX
1x Dialga-EX
2x Aegislash-EX
3-3x Bronzong
2x Shaymin-EX
2x Registeel AOS

4x Sycamore
4x Shauna
1x Ace Trainer
2x AZ
2x Lysandre

3x Muscle Band
3x Steel Shelter
3x VS Seeker
3x Switch
2x Trainer’s Mail
2x Battle Compressor
4x Ultra Ball

8x Metal Energy
4x DCE

Stick with Registeel. I don’t like having to use Heatran, but it’s the best option right now. Another thing, you should have 3 Aeigislash considering thats your main attacker other than Toad.

Its AOR for future reference.

I’ve just gotten back into tcg after some time off but I started to build this and want to stick with it. So far I find this deck to be lack luster on draw. I think the shaymin ex is a great idea for that. Also shauna seems to be more consistent than either ace trainer or birc, but is there anything better yet? I missed out on rising skies and haven’t really looked into ancient origins

Dehram, i can guarantee this list its pretty ok on draw power, with 9 supports and 2 shaymin.

Sableyaman, your right about aegigislash, actually i was using 3 but posted the wrong list, my bad.

so, this is the final list, i`m going to test this weekend.

2x Seismitoad-EX
1x Dialga-EX
3x Aegislash-EX
3-3x Bronzong
2x Shaymin-EX
2x Registeel AOR

4x Sycamore
2x Birch
2x Shauna
1x Ace Trainer
2x AZ
2x Lysandre