Bronzong PHF Variants // BCR-on

Since I didn’t see any discussion for this deck yet, I feel like I should start a thread for it. This is for discussing Bronzong (Phantom Forces) variants in the standard format. With Bronzong PHF being almost an exact Metal-type Eelektrik NVI clone, this deck can function a lot like the popular RayEels deck, although without necessarily having to reluctantly discard energy. Here is a general list to get you guys started:

Pokémon: (16)
4-4 Bronzong PHF
3 Cobalion-EX
2 Aegislash-EX
2 Dialga EX PHF
1 Cobalion LTR

Trainers: (33)
4 Professor
3 N
3 Skyla
2 Lysandre
1 Colress
1 Xerosic
2 VS Seeker

3 Switch
3 Muscle Band
3 Ultra Ball
2 Startling Megaphone
2 Battle Compressor
1 Dowsing Machine

3 Steel Shelter

Energy: (11)
9 Metal
2 DCE
(This list was made off the top of my head, so forgive me if I miss something crucial)
What works for this deck? What doesn’t? Discuss anything you wish!

I’ll make a separate list for the expanded format, since the general archetype can be maintained even with six sets of cards returning.

Wondering if you meant Sacred Ash instead of Super Rod? Because Super Rod is not allowed in Standard Format, but otherwise an interesting idea.

Right…Forgot about that :P. Changed it.

1 Like

I’m building a metal deck from Bronzong and decided to opt out of using Klinklang. This deck needs the room for a 4-4 Bronzong line. At least 3 is a decent number on the bench, to allow a total of 4 energy attachments per turn. I feel it would take to long to set both up and have more than one strong attacker. (Dialga EX, Cobalion EX)

You dont even have to drop klingklang entirely. Op could fit a 4-4 Bronzong line, if the klingklang line is switched to a 2-2-2 line.

Well setting up early is vulnerable to snipes, bronzor and klink.

I’m also running two max potion bc you want energy in the discard anyway, and prevent a 2HKO all at once.

1 Like

True but any deck running stage one or two lines has that vulnerability. You can still run into that issue either way, so I dont really see what a thin Klingklang line hurts. I would think it’d be best to have the full lock going on, or at very least the option to set it up.

Yeah its definitely something I’m going to play test and see what works best.

This is my list at the moment. I would appreciate alot of ideas.

4-4 Bronzong
2-2-2 Klinklang (plasma)
3 Cobalion EX
2 Dialga EX
1 Cobalion LDT
1 Keldeo EX

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
1 Lysandre’s Trumph Card
2 Colress
2 Lysandre
1 Xerosic

2 Battle Compressor
3 Float Stone
3 Ultra Ball
3 Evosoda
2 Muscle Band
1 Town Map

1 Computer Search

2 Steel Shelter

2 Double Colorless Energy
6 Metal Energy

I accidentally posted this list in the expanded thread. It IS standard. I am 3-0 on play.tcg with this list.

Here’s my Dialga/Bronzong list:

Pokemon – 14

3 Dialga EX
1 Aegislash EX
3 Bronzong
4 Bronzor
2 Keldeo EX
1 Cobalion EX

Trainers – 34

4 Professor Sycamore
3 Colress
2 N
4 Skyla
1 VS Seeker

4 Ultra Ball
3 Muscle Band
3 Switch
1 Dowsing Machine
2 Startling Megaphone
1 Sacred Ash
3 Float Stone
1 Battle Compressor

3 Steel Shelter

Energy – 12

9 Metal
3 DCE

What are your thoughts?

1 Like

I would recommend evosoda. Also, maybe less switch

Considering that no Pokémon in this list besides Bronzor has less than 2 retreat cost, I think 3 switch is fine, and maybe even 4 could be useful. However, I think that 3 DCE is a lot, simply for any mirror match encountering an opponent that has an Aegislash-/Cobalion-EX of his own.

This is true. I would do

-1 Keldeo ex
+1 Cobalion ex

Cobalion is precious because it can go through Pyroar, and aegislash

You should abandon the scared ash and add LTC.

Any thoughts about my list? I swaped a muscle band with a Keldeo EX for being able to metal links to a Dialga after full metal impact. I just realized I don’t run Mega Phone, so I need some help fitting some in.

Yeah, but that recycles all my Metal Energy as well.

Good point, but you know your opponent won’t hesitate to use it against you tho.

I could see LTC being useful while your Energy is attached, because, lets face it, it’ll be attached to Dialga EX most of the time, so it could be good for recycling.

Yea, but that’s life :frowning:

1 Like

I believe Keldeo is a liability and not worth the space. You can retreat and stream energy right back to whoever needs it.