Best Decks in Standard Format

I actually was thinking about it, it seemed like a joke but I think I’ll add it now.

I feel like this thread should not get lost in the shuffle. Given the last three Underground articles, I am starting to find the Standard format overwhelming. I want to elaborate on @Chipadat’s work a bit by 1) adding to the list; 2) grouping the list in tiers:

Tier 1 (clearly good)
Seismitoad/Giratina
Vespiquen/Eeveloutions (BDIF Nominee)
Night March
Mega Rayquazza
Tyrantrum/Giritina/Bronzong (BDIF Nominee)
Yveltal Crobat
Trevenant/Gengar (BDIF Nominee)
Giratina/Vileplume
Metal (BDIF Nominee)

Tier 2 (can top cut a Cities)
Raichu Crobat
Vileplume/Regice
MManectric/Regice
Camerupt
Wobbuffet/Crobat
Mienshao
Mega Sceptile
Seismitoad/Manectric/Crobat

Tier 3 (Who knows if it’s good?)
Fairy (Xerneas/Florges)
Fairy (Mega Gardevoir)
Fairy (Giratina toolbox)
Lucario Bats
All of @thevilegarkid’s Underground decks

We really need @kazambolt to bring clarity to this pre-Worlds style. Is there a Kazambolt signal?

:zap:

Here are some would add:
M Khangaskhan ex/Aromatisse/Mni Toolbox-solid matchups against a lot of tier one decks
Aegslash/Miltank/Vileplume
Yveltal ex-this one is probably no higher than tier two
Prmal Groudon ex/Regirock/Focus Sash

Also, I find Night March not to be good without Vespiquen in it and what power does ToadTina have in standard?

Going to Nominate Entei AOR/Charizard EX. the deck can pull off 170 damage on the first turn fairly consistently.

But Camerupt has the potential to pull off 200+ each turn and get K.O.'s on higher HP pokemon

You’ve been playing with @shealynmillay on TCG one haven’t you…

I honestly think Lucario/Bats should be a little higher. It can swarm the board with damage for little energy. Also, Hawlucha with focus sash and repeated bat drops is insanely good.

No, I came up with this idea, though I did play Shealynmillay at one point.

Also, Entei only gives up one prize.

But it falters against many of the top tier decks

But why? I think Entei fits into the bottom of tier 2 nicely. It hits for 130-170 pretty consistently.
Also, now that Judge is in format, I’d say Mienshao isn’t very good. I don’t agree with Toad/Tina in tier 1 either, I’ve found Toad very hard to use without bats or Laser. You just can’t take knock outs.

I think Bats are super good in Standard, especially when Brigette becomes legal. Play them with Lucario, Yveltal, or Raichu - it’s all good.

Parallel City might be a concern if it sees play - which it will do if everyone is using these Quaza/Metal/Fairybox things that rely on a huge Bench.

M Manectric is definitely tier 1. It’s all I’ve been testing for the past 2 weeks, and I’ve found that it has playable matchups against nearly everything except for lucario bats. Even giratina is an entirely workable matchup, depending on what techs you run.

Also, I wouldn’t necessarily say that Regice is the best partner for it. There are plenty of other viable non ex attackers to run to deal with other matchups by exploiting weakness.

Alright, I knew that the lists would get more organized at some point minus well start now.

Nominating night march/maybe Bronzong in night march, still think it’s pretty good. Also, is this break through or no?

Actually probably yes because the set released yesterday. I have ideas of decks but I certainly don’t know all of them.
Magenzone/Raikou
Mega Mewtwo Y/Aromatisse
Mega Glalie? (Not sure how good it’s going to get)
Gegar/Bats
Marowak BREAK
Zoroark
Piloswine (XD definetly bottom teir if not even)

Revised list below based on commentary.

Yes

Tier 1 (clearly good)
Vespiquen/Eeveloutions (BDIF Nominee)
Night March
Mega Rayquazza
Tyrantrum/Giritina/Bronzong (BDIF Nominee)
Yveltal Crobat
Trevenant/Gengar (BDIF Nominee)
Giratina/Vileplume
Metal (BDIF Nominee)
MManectric + techs

Tier 2 (can top cut a Cities)
Seismitoad/Giratina
Raichu Crobat
Vileplume/Regice/Aegislash
MManectric/Regice
Camerupt
Wobbuffet/Crobat
Mienshao
Mega Sceptile
Seismitoad/Manectric/Crobat
Lucario Bats

Tier 3 (Who knows if it’s good?)
Fairy (Xerneas/Florges)
Fairy (Mega Gardevoir)
Fairy (Giratina toolbox)
Fairy (MKhangaskhan toolbox)
Primal Groudon
Entai/Charizard
All of @thevilegarkid’s Underground decks

I’m still working through the format myself actually, I haven’t made a ton of headway so I’m hoping the LCs I have in the upcoming weeks will give me some insight, even though they are XY-AOR.

A few early observations:
Giratina is realllllllly good
Trevenant is underwhelming, 2 of the best cards in the format (Mega Manectric and Giratina) both decimate it
With less consistent draw support in the format, any sort of lock or disruption ideas are strong
Mienshao is pretty bad

Past that, I’ll have an article coming out right before Cities start with a lot of analysis on the Standard format. Most, if not all, of my Cities will be Standard so I’m putting a lot of work into figuring it out. Hopefully I can get a jump on the format before other results come in and I’ll be sure to let you all know about what I find.

I can at least testify to that turbo-tina [the one from the article that I saw briefly in the free-preview] is very good as well :p. It also has some nice room for surprising techs for some matchups - that help it even vs the awful fairies matchup. It does run into problems with some rogue decks though

Yes I read that too, turbo Tina looks very good.

As a big fan of Mienshao, I will say it belongs in the Lower/Mid Tier 2.
Yes, there is Judge and Ace Trainer, but a good Mienshao player can get a complete set up turn 2, that even if their 1-1 Mienshao line gets shuffled away from their hand, they have one or two back up Mienshao and/or Hawlucha to follow up.
Mienshao, like many other decks, will win cities in the correct meta.

Meinshao loses extremely poorly to any form of lock. Meinshao also struggles against Mega Evolutions due to high HP. Meinsho also fares somewhat poorly in the early stages of the game, before you get your Meinshao set up. The deck also has issues with Ace Trainer, Red Card, Mismagius, judge ETC shuffling in your hand.