Archeops DEX, Pyroar FLF Variants // BLW-on (Expanded)

Hi All,

I’ve been using this deck for a few days now on tcg and it has been pretty successful. Please let me know what you think!

My hope is to start Seismitoad (although it’s ususally litleo) and keep opponent from evolving quickly. I’ve been able to get at least 1 archeops up usually by turn 3 if not on 2 using Korrina to get whatever is missing (sometimes it’s plume fossil, sometimes I need ultra ball for another poke, which I play on that turn) When it sets up, most games don’t get past opponent taking more than 1 or maybe 2 prizes. Usually, I only get to attack 1 or 2 times which takes a while to set up and really is just to prove I can attack before opponent scoops…

4 Seismitoad
3-3 Pyroar
4-4 Archeops (No Evolution Ability)

4 Sycamore
4 N
1 Colress
4 Korrina
4 Plume Fossil
4 Blacksmith
3 Ultra Ball
2 Float Stone
2 Switch
1 Lysandre
1 Computer Search

4 DCE
4 Fire
4 Rainbow

Updated:
4 Seismitoad
3-3 Pyroar
3-3 Archeops (No Evolution Ability)

4 Shauna
4 N
2 Colress
3 Korrina
2 Skates
2 Megaphone
3 Plume Fossil
2 Blacksmith
3 Ultra Ball
2 Float Stone
2 Switch
2 Lysandre
1 Computer Search
2 Pokemon Center Lady

4 DCE
6 Fire

Archeops DEX

Ok

BCR-on

Wait . . .

What dont you use any strong energy?

@baby_mario - Woops. Updated subject.

I was doing some research on some cards for deck ideas to come up with and ran across your posts on Pojo COTD from a few years ago. I really wanted to find a way to use Cobalion. :slight_smile:

Well, the purpose is to have Archeops lock evolutions from the bench and then have Pyroar be my attacker and I really never want to use archops to have an EX destroy because then it’s game over. Rainbow is primarily in case I want Seismitoad to hit for 130 and additional energy if needed. I’ve debated -4 Rainbow + 2 fire and +2 some other useful item like scoop up or flare grunt, etc.

Oh I thought you were using the plasma blast archeops, because the dex one rotates out very soon. I was going to suggest 4 strong energy to have it 100 attack do a potential 140. My fault.

Did I overlook a different printing of archeops?

Nope, rotates out on the second.

They still stay in extended which is needed in next worlds? (im just a parent playing for fun, but…)

Oh my bad I forgot this was extended. So I feel silly but it looks like it has a lot of potential really good looking build

Thank you. I started with the 4 of everything type consistency build and have tweaked it through the past 2 days as a result of need and some players who provided valuable feedback after our matches.

@Phoenix15 - Thanks for game today. :smile:

1 Like

So, I realized something that no one in over a dozen games ever raised a flag. When Archeops is up, no one can evolve a pokemon on either side. He gets up so quickly, that pyroar usually isn’t evolved yet. Looks like I need to modify this approach with evesoda or something!

4 Archen
2 Archeops
3 Litleo
3 Pyroar
1 Charizard EX
2 Seismitoad EX
2 Professor Sycamore
4 N
3 Tropical Beach
4 Skyla
2 Blacksmith
3 Switch
1 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
4 Plume Fossil
2 Muscle Band
2 Startling M phone
2 Evosoda
1 Computer Search
7 Fire Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

I know there is a lack of draw support, but use Skyla to get Beach up as fast as possible. You really don’t start swinging until the lock is set. Once you get the lock going (no basic attackers, no evolves (in that order too!)) adding in the Item lock is like icing on the cake and it can help you set up in the beginning too. Charizard is to get the late game KO with DCE/Blacksmith.

So, recently I have been hyping Pyroar/Archeops on the forums because I think it is the play for fall regionals next year. However, we aren’t allowed to talk about AOR yet. Fortunately, this deck does not need much cards from this set, I think. What I hope to do is have everyone help build the most op Pyroar/Archeops deck and have the 6P gang dominate fall regionals. Pyroar/Archeops beats pretty much anything except for Wobbufett decks, Toad, and some AOR stuff.

I can’t give a starting list now because I am in the car, but I will definitely help.

Pyroar/Archeops wasn’t very good when it was Modified legal.

What’s changed?

2 Likes

Maxies Hidden Ball Trick. Turn one Archeops.

It’s not getting it into play that’s the issue.

It’s the fragile/easily countered nature of the lock.

2 Likes

A turn one archeops isn’t a good thing when the earliest you can get pyroar into play is t2.

3 Likes

Evosoda. Goes through Archeops lock and puts up Pyroar. I saw it win an expanded side event at nats with 64 people. Prize was an Espeon Star.

1 Like