2016-2017 Season Schedule and Information

Anyone know where worlds 2017 will be next year?

Anaheim, California, my dude

Anyone know when the League Cups are gonna start up?

Karen, set to be released on September 21, will enter both formats on October 7, correct?

Edit:
Reference to the release of Karen: http://www.pokemoncenter.com/pokémon-tcg%3A-battle-arena-decks-rayquaza-vs-keldeo-290-80168
Reference to the date of the release: http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/08/rayquaza-vs-keldeo-battle-arena-deck-product-image

Those decks seem like they are giving a lot away for very little money…

When is St. Louis? I can’t find it.

Oh those are the same event? Sorry, my bad.

Same venue as last year a stone’s throw across the border, so, yes.

You would think after all these years I would have this stuff figured out, but I’m still confused by releases like this. Questions:

1. It appears that there will be 2 Karen total in a $30 dual deck battle pack - am I correct in recognizing that these will be ridiculously expensive irrespective of the fact that there are other highly desirable and playable cards in the packs?
  2. I don’t understand the playability of the battle pack cards in tournament format - Keldeo and Rayquazza are being released with their original set and number designations. They obviously won’t be Standard legal. Are we presuming that Karen will be released with a promo designation?
  3. Along those lines: are we presuming that the other Item cards will have their original set designation? Because otherwise, Battle Compressor will remain Standard legal (as one example).

I’m replying to @Skyla, but anyone with correct info - please help! Thanks!

So I’m assuming that this information is still TBA?

After speaking with a staff member at Pokemon, it sounds like they’re finalizing details about distribution when it comes to these tournaments and that, of course, Worlds held up any finalizing. So, no details yet.

Yeah, I’m sure most of the cards (if not all) will have their original set symbols and numbers. So Battle Compressor will remain unplayable in standard after rotation.

It’s pretty clear that these are specifically to give people playable cards for expanded who are just getting into the game.

“Other highly desirable and playable cards” (especially those VS Seeker) will probably compensate for the expensiveness of Karen to a great extent. Most decks also will not need more than a single copy of it, further limiting its demand among the player base.

The precedent of Trevor XY33 from Battle Arena Decks: Xerneas vs Yveltal suggests that Karen will probably be released as one of the XY Black Star Promos.

Precedents such as cards from the recent Battle Arena Decks: Mewtwo vs Darkrai suggest that all reprints of existing cards will probably have their original set designations.

The Battle Decks are essentially a method for controlling price points on Expanded (and, for that matter, some Standard) cards. Keldeo will probably will see universal play in a format that they appear to have no plans to remove in the near future no matter what future sets hold. Rayquaza is an interesting choice, but I’m not sure what other options they had.

Due to the nature of this product, I think there’s an outside chance that Karen features an Evolutions designation, but it’ll likely be a promo.

Ho-Oh-EX DRX, maybe?

Huntail PRC and Xerneas BKT, paired with Ho-Oh-EX respectively, will probably be among the most relevant single-Prize attackers to the Expanded format once Night March and Vespiquen / Flareon get sidelined by Karen. Meanwhile, Rayquaza-EX DRX has been worthless ever since the release of Raikou BKT and Pikachu-EX…

Is there a list of all Regional Events posted somewhere?

What aspect of the first post in this thread isn’t working for you?

When I access a thread I’ve previously visited from my web browser on this site im automatically taken to the last place that I left off. The 1st post of this topic to my knowledge has not always appeared as it does today. Nevertheless thank you for the direction even if it includes a bit of unnecessary passive aggressiveness.

Was legitimately asking you if there was something wrong that I couldn’t see on my end—no aggression intended. The software can be weird, as you note, and especially when images are involved in a post.

The point of this thread is that it gets updated when new information is released. My suspicion is that you viewed it first before Regionals details were announced. The list we have is pretty finalized, though, by my understanding.