2016-2017 Season Schedule and Information

Go, Sun/Moon, the TCG, and Organized Play are all very different entities in a large company.

I’m not sure what you’re implying with that statement. If you’re saying that the company has set teams that work on various areas, I’m sure that’s fairly true under normal circumstances. 2016 was not normal circumstances, and I’m pretty confident things got shifted around. I’m frustrated too, but it seems pretty clear to me that OP is short of where we would like it because the company had to make some tough choices between immediate problems and other tasks which has helped cause things to snowball into the current situation.

Also, I don’t know if I’d call TPCI a “large company”-I’ve heard around 150 people, which is more in the “Small Business” range.

Any hotel information on Georgia?

Regional Hotel Blocks:

Here are hotels that I have been able to work out blocks for regionals. Rates are good till Dec 28, 2016 or until the block is sold out.

Sleep Inn & Suites
109 Florence Drive
Athens, GA. 30606
PH: 706-850-1261
Rate: $89.99 a night
Info: Just call the hotel directly and ask for the Pokémon event rate

Holiday Inn Express
513 W. Broad Street
Athens, GA. 30601
PH: 706-546-8122
Rate: $92.00 a night
Info: URL will take you to page to enter in dates needed for the reservations. After entering the date, it will then take you to the actual group reservations page and have the group rooms listed w/ group rates. You finish up the reservations there.
https://www.hiexpress.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=ex&localeCode=en&regionCode=1&hotelCode=AHNDT&_PMID=99801505&GPC=POK&viewfullsite=true
Holiday Inn Athens
197 E Broad Street
Athens, GA. 30601
PH: 706-549-4433
Rate: $104.00
Info: URL will take you to page to enter in dates needed for the reservations. After entering the date, it will then take you to the actual group reservations page and have the group rooms listed w/ group rates. You finish up the reservations there.
https://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=hi&localeCode=en&regionCode=1&hotelCode=AHNGA&_PMID=99801505&GPC=POK&viewfullsite=true
Courtyard
166 North Finley Ave
Athens, GA. 30601
PH: 706-357-4433
Rate: $99.00 a night
Info: Just call the hotel directly and ask for the Pokémon event rate

Via event FB page.

Thanks, are all these walking distance?

I have just as much idea as you do on that one. I’d try eyeballing it with Google Maps.

Will do, thanks again!

Heads up: set legality is gonna be the third Friday after the release so SM1 will be legal on February 17th

Which is exactly like it was under the old rules. Going to be interesting to see if it ever matters.

Even if it didn’t, it is less confusing.

I think they just changed it for worlds to see how a new set would affect what people play.

I wouldn’t call this sad in the slightest. It makes the job of a TO significantly easier knowing whether they have to prepare for 20, 40, 70, or 100 players at their event. If the TO’s job is easier, your tournament experience as a player will be much better.

Some League Cups also have attendance caps. Preregistration makes this acceptable, as you won’t have to drive hours to a League Cup to find out that there isn’t any room for you. I’ll be driving 3.5 hours to Tennessee in a few weeks to a League Cup that I had to call and preregister for. If I drove all that way to find out that I couldn’t play, I’d be reasonably upset. Now, I know I’m safe to show up and play.

As a side note, I’m incredibly happy with how League Cups are shaping up. I have 2 within 30 minutes of my apartment, as well as another 4 that I can and might attend within 3.5 hours. I’m lucky enough to have enough players in my local area who want to travel as much as I do so I’ll have a full car for those long trips to split gas money with. These League Cups seem to be roughly as plentiful and spread out as Cities used to be and more stores should be getting the opportunity to schedule them in the coming months.

Warn them that a new Pokemon game would be successful? C’mon son…

Yea rub it in a little more!

I’m sure whenever I do find one close enough to attend a snow storm will hit that day.

You big city southern folk have it too easy :slight_smile:

This is partially why I moved, it was terrible having tournaments that I couldn’t go to because of snow storms. That happened at least once a year :confused:

When was Nats dates officially announced in the past? Just trying to get a read on when the US intercontinental is going to be announced.

it was always on the Fourth of July but at the rate tpci is going for revealing dates for other intercontinental see probably won’t find out until after Asia pacific intercontinentals

True TPCi has been really slow from tournament dates to organizing events and everything in between, but now that Visa cards are part of prizing for everyone I can deal with it.

Do seasons end on the 31st of a month/when does the Winter season end?

Yes/Quarter 1 of 2017 ends January 31st.