2014-2015 Season Regionals/States Locations/Dates

Regionals

**Fall** Weekend of October 4th: Philadelphia, PA (via Pokemon.com) Phoenix, AZ (via PTO) Weekend of October 11th: Houston, TX (via PTO) Weekend of October 18th: Fort Wayne, IN (via PTO) San Jose, CA (via Pokemon.com) Vancouver, BC

Winter
Weekend of February 14th
St. Louis, MO
Doswell, VA (Pokemon.com)
Lancaster, CA (Pokemon.com)
Salem, OR

Weekend of February 21st
None

Weekend of February 28th:
Kissimee, FL (via PTO)

Spring
Weekend of May 16th
Seattle, WA (via Pokemon.com)
Kitchener, ON (via Pokemon.com)

Weekend of May 23rd
Salt Lake City, UT (via PTO)
Leawood, KS (via Pokemon.com)

Weekend of May 30th
Madison, WI (via venue Website)
Athens, GA

TBA from Last Year:
Sturbridge, MA (Spring last year)

United Kingdom via @pokemonguy

Deborah Richards – Newport, Wales, - 22/11/2014
Dave Salisbury – Manchester - 29/11/2014
Vini Gardner – St Austell, Cornwall- 06/12/2014
Jason Button – Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex - 21/12/2014
John Gregory – Edinburgh, Scotland – 21/12/2014

2015 Regionals:

Jodie Gledhill – wakefield, Yorkshire – 07/03/2015
Becca Mander – Chimera, Beeston-14/03/2015
Gareth Richardson – Bangor, Ireland - 21/03/2015
Martin Cornwall – Aldershot, Hampshire - 21/03/2015
Suzie Masters – Yeovil, Somerset - 28/03/2015

States

Week 1: March 21
Week 2: March 28
(Week 2.5: April 5?)
Week 3: April 12

Why April? This page: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/pokemon-tournaments/

Why not the 5th? There’s a historical precedent of avoiding Easter weekend (see last year’s Spring Regionals)

We’ll see what happens though.

5 Likes

I’m probably going to Philly as October 4th is just a few days before my Birthday. I don’t think I’ll be doing any Winter Regionals this year, however I will most likely do a Spring one if it’s in MA again.

Why is it always philly as long as its there is a 99.9% chance i wont go

Vancouver (BC) Fall Regional, October 18th

Going to Norcal Regs.

Hitting up Ft Wayne again. May also be going to a Winter and/or a Spring one

Is Florida February 28 or January 28? If it’s February, that’s much later than last year.

Not an error on my part. February appears to be the new home of Winter Regionals.

That’s actually kind of neat if you ask me. Now players wont be going into the first weekend of States with little or no idea of what the format will be like.

Actually, it’ll likely be the same as last year.

The February set will likely release on 2/10 or 2/12. The new rules dictate a 21-day waiting period after the set’s release before it’s tournament legal. That 21 days will ensure all of Winter Regionals are in the old format (I’m guessing they’ll be 2/14, 2/21, and 2/28; if FL turns out to be week 1, then your point stands). I’m thinking they’re going to push everything (States, Spring Reg) back a few weeks in an effort to “extend” the middle of the season and not have a dreadfully long waiting period between Spring Regionals and Nationals.

Thanks.  Good luck at LCQ/World’s if you’re going.

Where are you finding the announcements at on their website? I can’t seem to find anything there anymore with the changes they keep making…

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-trainer-club/events/tournament/?country=176&state_object=0&state_other=&location_name=&address=&product_type=tcg&product_type=vg&cycle=12&premier_event=148200&start_date_after=2014-08-12&start_date_before=&results_pp=25

Updated with some more dates. Cannot independently verify SLC, KS, or PHX.

Do you have any idea when Worlds 2015’s location will be announced? I’ve heard rumors that it’ll be San Francisco… Knocks on every piece of wood in the house

100% of the rumors you hear are untrustworthy.

What we do know is this: There is no location set in stone at the moment. That much was stated at Worlds. There’s things that can be deducted from circumstantial evidence, but nothing concrete is known. Rumors are hearsay.

Will direct further discussion to this thread:

I will try to go to philly. 2-3 hours by drive, but it’s ok

Nothing for the UK? :confused:

Well, if you go to the UK page on pokemon.com, you can find it

I don’t know anyone from the UK, and therefore have no way of getting information.